Fleet Analyst / Service Writer
- High School Graduate or equivalent, Associate’s Degree or Vocational/Technical courses
- Four years of experience in the field of automotive and heavy equipment/machinery maintenance and repair, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- The right candidate must possess: extensive knowledge in the field of Fleet analytics with the ability to work independently, operate various automobiles, light and heavy trucks, mechanical equipment, and fire apparatus, skill in inspecting, diagnosing and repairing mechanical problems, ability to operate office equipment and knowledge to access, operate and maintain various software applications. Have the ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure, handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality while maintaining professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times.
- Must possess:- a current Florida Driver’s License
– possess or attain within 24 months of employment at least one ASE certification; preferably- Damage Analysis and Estimating (B6) and Parts Specialist Certification (P1)
– possess or attain within 1 year of employment the Emergency Vehicle Technician (EVT)
– certification – Driver Operator Inspection (DO1)
- Signed and Submitted Tobacco Free affidavit
- Position is full-time- Must be able to work Monday through Friday
- Physical requirements frequent lifting, positioning, and carrying of equipment up to 50 pounds
Salary Range $35,000-41,615
dependent on qualifications, attractive benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid vacation and personal days and inclusion in the Florida Retirement System. EOE employer. Email questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications must be hand delivered in a sealed envelope or mailed to: Greater Naples Fire Rescue District
Attn: HR / Fleet, 14575 Collier Blvd. Naples, FL 34119
Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted.
Incomplete applications will not be processed. Please attach copies of certificate(s) and/or degree(s) pertinent to position. To claim Veteran’s Preference, a copy of your DD214 (long form) must be submitted at time of application. Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Application deadline: Open till filled
Additional requirements if selected for an interview may include: an oral interview, a written test, a background check, submitting a Drivers License Record, and/or passing a pre-employment physical including a drug screen test.
Iona McGregor Fire District is seeking applications for the position of finance assistant. General duties include but are not limited to payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivables, journal entries, along with assisting the CFO with general reporting and back-up as necessary.
Minimum Requirements: Associates Degree or Equivalent, minimum three years of related work experience, advanced computer experience (i.e. Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Access, Adobe/Acrobat), coursework in math, accounting, business or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree and/or CPA; progressively responsible work experience in payroll administration and/or accounting, demonstrated lead worker/project management experience, Firehouse® computer experience.
Visit www.ionafire.com for complete job description and employment application. Please provide resume and application to IMFD Human Resource, 6061 South Pointe Blvd., Fort Myers, FL 33919; or email to email@example.com.
Professional Accounting and Finance Manager
The Gateway Services Community Development District is a Special District formed under Chapter 190, Florida Statues. Located in Lee County, Southwest Florida. The staff of 15 full-time employees and 3 part-time employees provide a variety of services to approximately 13,000 residents over a 4,500 acre community.
The District’s Budget is approximately $9.7 million including a Utility Enterprise Fund with an annual budget of $4.3 million.
This position requires professional and supervisory work over the accounting and financial operations of complex fund accounts for the District. This requires the ability to analyze accounting processes for legality and effectiveness. The ability to recommend, implement and evaluate improvements to accounting procedures and reporting
Purpose of Job
This is a highly professional position responsible for planning, coordinating and directing a comprehensive fiscal program of a very broad scope including providing management level administrative planning and reporting. Develops and implements policies and procedures and other support services while managing staff which performs the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, billing, and purchasing functions for the District. Manages contracts, departmental budget, and budget of numerous operating accounts, CIP projects, and/or grant proposals. Coordinates the annual audit and all administrative and financial responsibilities that are outsourced.
- Timely and accurate preparation of District budget in coordination with management company
- Implementation of budget directives and policies and action plan
- Provide all annual disclosure information to local government:
- Insure compliance with all applicable Florida Statutes; including but not limited to:
o Annual Financial Audit
o Annual Financial Report
o Public Facilities Report
o Public Records Law
- Administer purchase order system and periodic payment of invoices in coordination with management company
- Coordinate receivables with management company
- General Fixed Asset Summary and CIP (including assets constructed by or donated/conveyed to the District for maintenance)
- Maintain inventories of District property
- Computer Services; network infrastructure, document management, software, IT services, coordinated with outsourced vendor
- Report findings to the District Manager and the Board of Supervisors regarding the condition and adequacy of fiscal policy
- Other duties as assigned by the District Manager
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the principals and practices of general government accounting and administration
- Working knowledge of job related computer systems and software
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with District staff, Board of Supervisors and residents
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate accounting methods, procedures and records
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year College or University with major coursework in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field. Requires five years of experience in accounting, finance, bookkeeping and public administration, or any combination of.
- Two years’ supervisory experience required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Experience with governmental/special district accounting principles and practices.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license.
- Attendance is essential to the position
- Pre-employment Screening (Criminal Background Check, Drug Testing, Credit Check, etc.)
The demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is in an office setting. Hand-to-eye coordination if necessary to operate office equipment, phone and keyboard. Occasional operation of motor vehicle. Sitting at computer work stations for extended periods is required. The employee may be required to lift under 25 pounds, sitting, standing, walking, climbing, kneeling, balancing, reaching with arms, stooping, talking and hearing. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close focus, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position will be advertised from July 24 until August 24 and may be filled at any time during that period. Please provide a cover letter and resume to:
Gateway Services Community Development District
13240 Griffin Drive
Fort Myers, FL 33913
Closing Date & Time: Continuous
Salary: Depending on Qualification
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Location: West Palm Beach
Indian Trail Improvement District is seeking an innovative and forward thinking Director of Finance, who will be directing daily operations of diversified and complex fund accounting systems in budgeting, purchasing, contracts, and fiscal analysis for the Indian Trail Improvement District. Duties include analyzing accounting functions to determine their legality, propriety and effectiveness. This position recommends and implements changes in accounting procedures and handles oversight of utility systems, as necessary. Supervision may be exercised over accounting, and information technology personnel.
The ideal candidate will hold a Certified Public Accountant or certified Government Finance Certification.
Director of Maintenance and Operations
Closing Date & Time: Continuous
Salary: Depending on Qualification
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Location: West Palm Beach
Indian Trail Improvement District is seeking an innovative and forward thinking Director of Maintenance & Operations, who will be responsible for planning, budgeting, coordinating and supervising construction and maintenance programs/projects for the District’s roads, canals, and underground utilities, safety, security coordination, and assisting the public with maintenance requests. The employee will work independently while keeping the District Manager informed of current projects or problems and will seek direction, as necessary.
The ideal candidate will hold Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Public Works or related field, 5 yrs. progressive maintenance experience in the field of Special District operations, road, drainage, and utility maintenance, including 2 yrs. at the supervisory level, and/or any equivalent combination of related training and experience.
Application can be obtained on-line at http://www.greaternaplesfire.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/GNFD-Inspector-June-2017-Application.pdf
Candidate minimum requirements: Applications are being accepted for both Civilian and FF Certified Inspector positions.
- High school graduate or the equivalent
- Current State of Florida Fire Inspector certificate
- Current State of Florida issued Certificate of Compliance or Firefighter II certification (If applicable)
- Current State of Florida issued Fire Investigator I Certification (Inspector II only)
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR card
- Valid Florida Driver’s License
- Be a non-smoker/non-user of tobacco for at least one (1) year prior to application, signed affidavit.
- Annual Salary Full-time Inspector I $53,141.12 Inspector II $55,088.93
- Part-time hourly $14.00 (maximum 20 hours per week)
** All certificates/Licenses must be submitted with application
To claim Veteran’s Preference, a copy of your DD214 must be submitted at time of application.
Additional requirements if selected for an interview may include: an oral interview, a written test, a background check, submitting a Driver’s License Record, passing a pre-employment physical including a drug screen test, and passing a firefighter physical ability test.
Application deadline until filled.
All applications must be hand delivered or mailed in a sealed envelope to:
The Greater Naples Fire Rescue District
14575 Collier Blvd. Naples, FL 34119
Faxed or emailed applications will not be accepted. Application submitted without certificates will NOT be considered. Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
To have your job posted, please email a description to Fred Crawford at email@example.com.